Thursday, July 2, 2009

Bad Mommies Club



We had our "Bad Mommies" club "meeting" last night. My last memory was asking the Judge to call my husband and then passing out on her couch, where I woke up this morning at 6:30. I let her dogs out, met her husband in the kitchen on my way to the bathroom, let the dogs back in, went home, showered, got ready for work, sucked up to my husband (No, not like that!) stopped on my way to work to get a diet coke "as big as my head" as Jenny White would say, and was still here by 8 a.m. Do I have a slight headache? Maybe. I am still a little drunk? Perhaps, but I am here!!! For all of you 21, 22 year olds who go out on a Wednesday night and can't make it in to work on time or at all, this is how it's done!!! And in the words of Little Jim, I am not an alcoholic, I do not go to meetings.........

2 comments:

  1. I would like to point out that I put you to "bed" (on the couch), called your husband, then cleaned up the backyard and took out the trash - all at 3 AM. I then heard you get up at 6:30, got my daughter up, fed and dressed and spent a half hour with my parents before coming to work. In the hour I have been here, I have drafted discovery and a lawsuit, all on about three and half hours sleep. Honey - you and I RULE!!!! We could show those little law school pansies a thing or two. And yes, pretty sure I am still drunk - even after my fourth cup of coffee..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also already drafted a lawsuit and all the docs that go with it, and answered at least three questions, all correctly by the way, and answered an email from our in-house counsel in Louisiana since I've been here! This isn't that hard!

    ReplyDelete